Okay... I MUST share this recipe.
Because it's CRAZY YUMMY.
Because it's fast.
Because it's Indian.
But most of all, if you live here in Dakar, you can get ALL of the ingredients here. (Insha'allah)
Found it on Pioneer Woman... I love you Pioneer Woman.
Oh yeah...it needs to be made the night before to get FULL ON FLAVOR ACTION. I doubled the spices (except for cayenne pepper).
Butter Chicken Recipe Ingredients:
- 4 pieces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut Into Bite Sized Pieces, despite what the picture looks like)
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Coriander
- ¼ teaspoons Cumin
- ¼ teaspoons Cardamom
- 1 whole Lime, Juiced
- 1 whole Onion, Diced
- ¼ cups Butter
- 1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 pint Whipping Cream
- 1 bunch Chopped Cilantro, to taste
- 2 cups Basmati Rice (or However Much You Want)
* Combine first 9 ingredients and marinate overnight.
Saute the onion in the butter until soft. Add marinated chicken and cook about 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat with the lid on. Add the whipping cream and cilantro just before serving over Basmati rice.
Note: this is a little spicy, but you can cut back on the cayenne if you want.
Yummy Yummy Yumminess.