Sunday, September 16, 2012

Dreaming of Snow

3 Raglan Sleeve Rollneck Sweaters for my Valdmanis boys

We are at the tail end of the hot season in Dakar; the rain is slowly subsiding and the temps continue to soar.  We've been quite lucky this summer with power outages; only a few nights we have completely been without power.  However, we are now experiencing daily outages averaging 6 hours.

The above 100 degree temps have not stopped my knitting frenzy.

In July, just before Richard fell seriously ill, I stopped by a lovely knitting shop in Scarborough Maine and found a worsted weight wool blend yarn that is washable and dryable.  This yarn was screaming to be made into the classic raglan sleeve roll neck sweater that I have made countless times.

I casted on at Higgins Beach in July, and casted off the 3rd and final sweater at Virage Beach here in Senegal.


 

I can't wait to see my 3 men sporting these sweaters in cold and snowy weather.

More info about this sweater and pattern can be found on Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment