Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hello Brother

Today the boys slept until 830 am which was a surprise as their usual wake time is around 7. At 8 I went in to the boys' room to check on them. I quietly turned the door knob and crept in to their room. I pulled back the mosquito netting to find the boys turned toward each other and smiling.

Dylan giggled as brother Laird smiled back at him. Then Laid squealed with delight as brother Dylan smiled back. This smiling and giggling tug of war went back and forth for at least 10 minutes.

For 10 minutes I stood over them watching. Time stood still as I watched them. They were so focused and absorbed with one another that neither one saw me hovering over them.

Dylan shook his head while laughing and glanced up at me. Laird followed his brothers eyes. Both greeted me with huge toothless smiles.

Another day began with me realizing how blessed we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment