Friday, March 5, 2010

Friends


Friends.


Today is going to be a good day.


We started the day seeing some of my wonderful friends on skype at PS 6 in NYC. I have missed them dearly since I left in September... They have supported me every step of the way throughout this pregnancy process, and it brought tears to my eyes for them to finally meet Laird and Dylan. I love you and miss you all.


It's going to be a good day because I also made a decision on how to best feed these boys. Rather than stressing myself out for various reasons on trying to nurse them both at the same time, I am going to nurse one baby, and the other can enjoy a bottle. Then the next feeding the boys will switch. The last few days have not been enjoyable for me as I have shed many tears wondering if the boys are getting enough food, and stressing on how to physically manage the process of nursing both at the same time. I'm not sure why we mommies put this incredible pressure on ourselves.


My dear friends Emily and Echo said it best to me. A baby is in tune to how mommy is doing. If I am stressed, they will be stressed. If I am sad, they will feel that. I need to remember that these boys will only be this age and stage of life once...and I need to enjoy and savor every minute of it. Formula or Breastmilk should not be ruining my days.


Today is going to be a GREAT day.

Dylan and Laird


Laird



Dylan

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it was wonderful to skype. I put pressure on myself when Matt was an infant and I could barely breastfeed due to mastitus. He took 3 oz. of formula AFTER nursing when I finally gave in! You said it so well...why do we mommies put so much pressure on ourselves! Raise a glass to your decision to switch it up!

    ReplyDelete