Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blessed

Getting discharged from the hospital was bittersweet. It took a few days to relax at my mother in laws house, as anxiety of not having constant medical care at my bedside alarmed me. But after a few days I began to relax with Richard at my side and beloved family at Christmas. I also realized that bed rest at home is far easier emotionally; eight weeks in the same hospital room really can make you go a bit stir crazy. My 're-entry' to the real world after leaving the hospital was quite bizarre...seeing people walking around, driving past shops, and seeing the daily routines of normal life outside that of an 8x8 hospital room. It certainly reminded me of our week long canoe camping trips where we were in complete isolation with wilderness and no human contact...the reentry can take some adjusting.

Bed rest at home did not last long. Tuesday I was readmitted to the hospital at 3cm dilated and 100% effaced. What a pregnancy this has been! I am 32 weeks and 1 day, and my mom reminded me of a blog entry I posted when I had just hit 23 weeks. I wrote that I would be blessed if I could make it to 32 weeks.

Well, I am certainly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment