Monday, December 14, 2009

A Day to Celebrate...


What a wonderful day yesterday was...a day to celebrate the twins! After all this time, especially the last two months here at the hospital, my days have been filled with worry. Today, it was time to finally celebrate the upcoming arrival of these two miracle boys. It was quite emotional to have a day like this...to finally feel excited and not so anxious.



The 'Thing 1 Thing 2' shower was here at the hospital, planned my sister and mom. The details, time, effort, creativity, and thoughtfulness they put into this celebration were incredible. Thing 1 Thing 2 Dr. Seuss decorations everywhere, homemade cookies and cupcakes, games, gift baskets, red and blue decorations, delicious food from Aurora... not to mention they both went shopping to find an outfit that I felt comfortable in.


It was overwhelming to go in to the room, and see my beloved friends and family, a room decorated with love, and excitement on everyones faces about the twins. I couldn't help but to cry as I felt the love and support for these two boys.


I am still reliving every moment of the shower... Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am so grateful.








Thing 1 Thing 2 Red Velvet Cupcakes with handmade Tindy decorations.




I had never seen this game before and it was quite hilarious to watch. Its called 'Guess the Poop'...my sister had 5 diapers in which she melted 5 different candy bars in. Friends and family had to 'sniff' and 'taste' the diaper 'poop' and guess the candy bar. I have not laughed so hard in a long long time...watching friends and family sniffing and tasting these diaper samples. The winner.....Cathi Landry! Well done!



And surfboard homemade cookies by Mumma.






Me and my guy. And yes, something happened to my belly this week...It really grew.

Today is 29 weeks and 5 days...

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment